Welcome to the “Count Me In” Library Basket Drawing! We have 17 beautiful, valuable baskets for you to WIN. Each basket is worth a minimum of $150. Check out the photos and descriptions of each one, then choose your favorites. Tickets can also be purchased in person at The Book Bin in Four Corners Plaza, Jaxon’s in Parksley, C. D. Marsh Jewelers in Onancock and at all four of our Eastern Shore Public Libraries. The drawing will be held on Friday, December 3rd, and winners will be notified by phone and email. All proceeds will benefit children’s library services. GOOD LUCK!
Count Me In Basket Drawing Rules
1. Eligibility: The Count Me In Basket Drawing (the “Drawing”) is open only to those who purchase a ticket(s) and who are 18 years old as of the date of entry.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
3. Drawing Period: Ticket sales will be accepted online starting on or about September 15, 2021 and ending at midnight on December 2, 2021. All online entries must be received by December 2, 2021 11:59PM EST.
4. How to Enter: Below are the methods to enter the Drawing.
Enter via the website: The Drawing may be entered by purchasing a ticket and submitting a payment through this Chance2Win.org site. The entry must fulfill all Drawing requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation. You may purchase as many tickets as desired and you must fill in the information requested. Tickets are $5.00 each.
Purchase tickets from physical locations: Paper tickets will also be on sale at specified locations including all four libraries, the Book Bin in the Four Corners Plaza in Onley, and additional locations to be determined. Tickets are $5.00 each.
5. Additional Conditions. For any reason you may request a refund of your donation and cancellation of your entry(s) within 15 days prior to ending date of the drawing by contacting Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation, PO Box 554, Accomac, VA 23301, firstname.lastname@example.org. Any incomplete or illegible entries will not be processed. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, photocopied entries, or multiple entries sent in bulk mail, or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/sweepstakes subscription, notification entry or like sites or services that offers sweepstakes entry services “on behalf of” Entrant) is strictly prohibited. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, postage due, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entry applications, which will be disqualified and destroyed. In the event of a dispute as to any entry application, the authorized account holder of the email address, if applicable, used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. Except in the case of gift entries, all entries must be made in the name of the individual and no transfer of ownership of a ticket is permitted. No entries will be accepted from or on behalf of, corporations, trusts, partnerships, or other entities.
6. Prizes: Winners will receive the basket for which they purchased a ticket, having a value of $150 or more. Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Drawing prior to the drawing date.
8. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Drawing will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified via the contact information provided on the entry form and via email to the email address they entered the Drawing within five (5) days following the winner selection. The Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Drawing is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE DRAWING AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation, anyone acting on behalf of Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the world, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Drawing, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Terms: Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Drawing should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Drawing. In such case, Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation. Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Drawing, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Drawing rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Drawing may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By entering the Drawing you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the Drawing and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS DRAWING IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND the Commonwealth of Virginia WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Drawing, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Drawing, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Drawing), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation, PO Box 554, Accomac, VA 23301. Requests must be received no later than December 10, 2021.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Drawing is Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation, PO Box 554, Accomac, VA 23301, email@example.com, 757-787-2500.
About the Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation
The Eastern Shore Public Library Foundation raises funds to support all libraries and their programs on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. The four libraries in the regional system are the Eastern Shore Public Library and Heritage Center now being built in Parksley, the Chincoteague Island Library, Northampton Free Library in Nassawadox, and the Cape Charles Memorial Library. The Eastern Shore Public Library system is a unique and valuable resource. It is a lifeline to the world and source of educational, economic and recreational benefit for all our citizens. Your support is crucial to our efforts to build a library that will meet the Shore’s changing needs.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.